Wednesday, August 25, 2010

First World Problem: Baby Doll

In the scheme of things, this is inconsequential but I'm not sure what to do.

We'd like to get a baby doll for Sidney and now you can find them in every race.  Clearly she looks 95% white and has blue eyes so I could safely go with the standard blue eyes, light skin, blond hair dolls that are easily found.  But part of me feels we should pay homage to her/my ethnicity a little.  Since I could find no hapa dolls, I found these two that are interesting:

This is (obviously) an Asian doll and looks pretty cool.  But it doesn't look a bit like Sidney.

This is a Hispanic doll but looks more like Sidney.  Though it has brown eyes and I assume darker hair. 


And this is the standard Caucasian doll which looks just like the Hispanic one, except slightly lighter skin and blue eyes... So I don't know.  What should we do?