Could this week get any more exciting? From seeing
Alan Wilder at the Triple Door to spotting
Dave Matthews shopping for pet food to a weekend-long visit from my cousin Angela to the Battlestar Galactica Exhibition in Seattle--Woot! The EMP/SFM is hosting this world premiere event that opened this weekend. To kick things off, they had the creators of the original BSG and the re-imagined version as well as some of the notable actors on hand to celebrate and be on panels Saturday. Since I never got to see them during the shows run at any of the comic cons or events, I felt this was my time to indulge. It also coincided with Ken being out of town and Angela visiting. But she offered to watch Sidney while I attended with Shannon who, I did not know until very recently, had seen the entire series and liked it. Also accompanying us: Flat Stanley.
Overall, it's a great exhibit and such fun to see the props/costumes up close. They also have several video stations set up rolling interviews of the creators and the actors about various topics regarding the series. It gives a nice overview and pays homage to both series. The panel was fun and while Bill Adama is a man of few words, Edward Olmos is not. He did most of the talking. But that's cool, he's quite accomplished. I did get to ask a question of the panel which was "now that you worked on such an amazing project like BSG, how did/does it affect your future projects/work." Kate Vernon admitted that sometimes, you just gotta pay the bills but at least they all had this amazing experience. I tend to agree that there are moments in life where you know what you're doing won't be matched by another similar experience ever again. I can only think of one other production of the caliber of the re-imagined BSG and that is the Lord of the Rings movies.
Something that bugged the s**t out of me during the panel was the presumptuous questions and behavior by some of the attendees. This one guy started out his question with "I think I speak for everyone here..." Dude, you don't speak for me so stop acting like you do. You're in a room of 190 people (most of them you don't know) so just ask your question. Second, hysterical girl who raised her hand with oh, oh, oh--like she's the teacher's pet answering history questions in 3rd grade. Then when she was called on she made a big production of wanting to ask two questions. Lady, calm yourself. Ask your *brief* questions and be seated. I mean, yes, I was wearing a Frakking Magical Unicorn T-shirt but I know the rules. Anyway, enjoy the pics from the new camera that excels in working under strained light conditions. So say we all.
 |
| Flat Stanley went with us to the BSG Exhibition |
 |
| Re-imagined BSG Galactica Model |
 |
| Mark II Viper from Re-imagined BSG |
 |
| The Red Dress |
 |
| We saw people actually walking around in these suits... |
 |
| Starbuck's Dog Tags |
 |
| Live Cylon Raider |
 |
| In front of Apollo's Mark VII Viper |
 |
| Back end of the Mark VII and a wide shot of part of the exhibit |
 |
| Muffett the Daggett (robot dog) from the original BSG |
 |
| Michael Hogan, Kate Vernon, Edward James Olmos, Richard Hatch |
 |
| Ron Moore (writer/producer), Michael Hogan |