Tuesday, June 17, 2008

You've Come a Long Way, Baby

(No tobacco products endorsed in this blog entry.)

A very amazing lady who I have had the pleasure of knowing her whole life, my cousin Angela, graduated from Western Oregon University last weekend. It represented the sheer determination and humbling sacrifice of a dream achieved. She has always wanted to be an elementary school teacher and she is now one giant step closer to that goal. Naturally, nothing would come between me and participating in this long anticipated event. Not even a relentless head cold. But despite that, the entire weekend felt so monumental. It's as if the world paused for a second, the sun shined and like a blossoming flower on high speed film, Angela's true possibilities open up before her. We are so proud of you, Congratulations!

Here is a short video of the commencement ceremony that I edited together with AVS Video editing software. Unfortunately, You Tube tends to 'crush' the video so it's not as clear as it could be but you get the idea.




Here is a mix of my mother's and my pictures from the commencement, dinner & family party.

No comments: