Friday, May 16, 2008

Lester & Ismail come visit

Lester & his precociously adorable son Ismail stopped by the other night since they were in the neighborhood and we had such a blast. Lester used to work at the company I'm still at now and over the years we've shared many-a-laugh. My favorite thing about Lester, besides having some of the most well-mannered and interesting children, is his penchant for making a dull or potentially negative situation absolutely hilarious. A few years ago Lester got pulled over for speeding. If I remember correctly he was going 50 in a 35 or something like that. The cop comes over to the window and asks him for license, registration and if he realized how fast he was going. Lester's response was, and I kid you not: "Officer, the important thing here is that I was safe and comfortable." I laughed my ass off when I heard that. What a perfect response for times when you have to interact with authority. Pics of their visit... Ismail is such a charmer and kept Ken hopping.

No comments: