Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Arid-zona

Friday, I flew to Arizona where I had the privilege to spend this past weekend with my grade school friend Heather for her first Mother’s Day. It was so much fun to be with her and her family. And it was a weekend full of firsts...
Little Ethan likes to get up each morning at 5:30am but I had to stay up on Friday night to watch Battlestar Galactica since they have extended cable in their house. I don't usually sleep well in strange places and when you combine that with an early wake up, well extreme measures are necessary. So for the first time, we visited Starbucks twice in the same day for caffinated beverages. I don't usually drink coffee or caffinated beverages so you can see why this is just crazy insane.
Also on Saturday, we went to the Arizona Science Center--a first for everyone involved--to fill our brains with knowledge and even learned about the Grand Canyon during the 3D Imax movie. (That was so killer, btw.) Daric performed a number of his original songs and Ethan showed us how he is full of "wisdom"--which in their house is another word for poop. I saw many cactuses blooming which is the first time I've ever seen that as well.



But it was 95-flipping-degrees when I left Phoenix on Sunday. While most people devine that warm sunny weather (including my husband), I am content with 50 degrees & overcast. I think you have more options to get warmer then to stay cooler. Plus I become pretty much worthless when the outside temp gets to 75 degrees or so.

But it was a lovely getaway with lovely people and I am so delighted to become acquainted with Ethan. What sweet little guy.

No comments: