Saturday, April 19, 2008

Sarah's Birthday Rap



Our friend Sarah celebrated her birthday today. I'll write and post pics about the actual event tomorrow, but first here's Ken's rap written and performed in honor of her big day. It's hilarious.

Birthday Grrl
by Ken “K Dog” Moore

NOW ITS
Time to celebrate, it's a day to rejoice
you can see in my face and hear in my voice
Today there's somethin extra special in the air
(I know you can smell it just pretend it ain't there)
I hope you find my little ditty entertaining,
just keep in mind that I'm a rapper in training…

Now lemme say hello to the goats I know
all you other sexy water buffalo.
Sarah's friends are wild, got the whole dang zoo --
talk about a varied and illustrious crew!
But Mika's so mellow, he's a fortunate fella,
so proud of Sara, loves her like mozzarella
For her stellar personality and joie de vivre,
the gal can throw a party like you wouldn't believe.
She takes charge of life like no other,
grabs the bull by the horns and the yak by the udder...

I'm talkin Sarah Waller, wontcha gimme a holla,
birthday grrl - I'm the twenty-ninth caller.
You’re such a shiny pearl in this crazy world…
let’s all give it give it up for the birthday grrl!

NOW ITS
K-Dog on da mic, with Cheeba on da beat box.
We'll make you shake like you goin through detox,
But maybe that's the wind chill, 20 degrees,
who believes it's late April and about to freeze?
It's still snow stormin, it's outta the norm
and now there's not a lot of evidence a global warmin'
It's like Al Gore man, an inconvenient mystery:
we got the coldest Spring in our history!
It can snow, it can hail, and you know I won't bail,
I'm gonna go postal and deliver the mail -
I got a letter full of love on this special occasion
for my favorite producer on my favorite station
With a passion for the public and the radio,
she ain't shady no, she's a lady… yo!

It’s time to talk about animal "husbandry",
don't ask about the freaky etymology...
It's a pastoral setting but there ain't no wedding,
all they got in common is some heavy petting.
You can grab a goat's teat & give it a squeeze,
I mean please, you tryin to tell me this all about cheese?!
We'll let's meet Loretta, I wanna get to pet her,
a baby yak's love's bound to make me feel better
This is what you get when you live with intention,
let's give this gal an honorable mention
’Cause in all of our eyes she gets the Nobel Prize
for living every day like it's Super Sized.

I'm talkin Sarah Waller, wontcha gimme a holla,
birthday grrl – worth a million dollars.
You’re such a shiny pearl in this crazy world…
let’s all give it give it up for the birthday grrl!

[PDF of lyrics HERE]

1 comment:

Sarah said...

This rap is the best birthday present I have ever, ever received! If Ken ever gets tired at Google, he has a whole other career ahead of him. Heavy petting indeed!
I love you guys.
Sarah