Thursday, December 28, 2006

Random thoughts

You ever notice sometimes when you are eating in a distinctively "ethnic" restaurant but the music/atmosphere doesn't match? Tonight we dined at one of our regular haunts Sam's Sushi in Ballard where we enjoyed the Beginner Sushi plate and Tofu Udon to the digestive-friendly tunes of Smooth Jazz. There have been similar experiences at Thai and Indian restaurants in this city and somehow a mismatch in the atmosphere & food takes away from the authenticity of the experience. Maybe it's just me.

----------------

I have come to notice that there is a fine line between an interesting diary blog and a indulgent blathering of self-importance. I think a lot of blogs fall into the latter category and it pains me because I can see how one can slide into it. I know my entries have been sort of light lately. Things have been going on. Things at work (which is an off limits topic on this blog) and things personally which I will get to, if not tomorrow then by the weekend.
Readers, the reason I blog is simply to practice writing with a little performance pressure and to give something back to you: A nugget of information/observation and maybe a laugh if I can swing it. If you ever feel I'm not delivering, let me know and I'll try to do better.

1 comment:

Brett said...

I asked Denise (a musician by trade) why it is that if a hear a certian music it makes me want to eat that food? For example, group of Mexician guys working on my nieghbors house, playing Mariachi music on the hi-fi. By the time Denise got home, I wanted Jalisco's so bad I could taste it. There's the real question.