Saturday, December 25, 2010

And now a message about moving...

How do I say this without sounding like I'm complaining? Oh I don't know if that's possible.

I am grateful that we are moving. I am grateful for our new home. But moving sucks, especially with a baby. Not only have we amassed way more stuff than we thought, but trying to pack and organize with a 15-month-old is like trying to do something that takes a lot of focus and time while keeping a rabid monkey entertained. We were able to have her go to the daycare for two days while Ken and I tried to cram all the packing into that "free time" but it just wasn't enough. The next day we had her around all day so we "tag-team parented" where one of us packed boxes while the other watched Sidney. Lately though she had been very clingy and always has to have an eye on us. It got to the point where she just wanted to be held and guess how hard it is to pack and hold a 25 pound toddler at the same time? So I broke out the carrier and we papoose-styled it for a while which really worked by giving her the closeness she needed while I could get some packing done. Eventually she was over it and wanted down.

We got 90% of the house packed before we took a break for the holiday. Crazy times. We resume the packing/prep tomorrow. Go team!


1 comment:

Melanie said...

This is what is so funny when a person comes over to 'help' with packing - it is always weird because either you are playing with the baby while you watch them pack...so you feel lazy and mean. Or they are playing with the baby watching you pack thinking, "wait, didn't I come here to help pack?" And yet, is there anything more priceless than someone else occupying the baby so you can focus for more than 3 minutes straight?