Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Surprise Date Night

Ken surprised me last night by requesting dinner be ready at 5pm (which is really early for us). Then at 6p our sitter shows up and I'm all "What's going on?" Ken said to get my boots on, we're going on the motorcycle. He wouldn't tell me where we were going and as we sped toward our destination, I'm trying to figure out where we're going. Was it a movie in Ballard--no, Fremont for drinks---no, Intiman/Seattle Rep theater--no, going on a ferry--no, Pike Place Market---no, Moore Theater---no, Paramont Theater---no. Then we parked across from Pacific Place and went up to the cinema level. There was a preview showing of a new movie "The Last Airbender" that Ken had gotten passes for. Unfortunately they give out way more passes than seats and despite getting there 1/2 hour early, we couldn't get in. Instead we saw Toy Story 3, which is what I secretly wanted to see anyway. It was a lovely, spontaneous, surprising date night on the motorcycle just like we used to do in the old days. Fun times.

1 comment:

Amy said...

What a sweetheart! Great idea!