Sunday, November 25, 2007

Apple Cup #100, Yah Cougs!

I'm rather sorry that we weren't in Seattle to celebrate this most excellent triumph of Washington State. Dad watched it on TV down in Vancouver and said it was a nailbiter to the end. Despite the losing record, it's always a good year when the Apple Cup swings our way. I noticed the Seattle press is hammering the Huskies specifically for this loss but I can't help but feel that they are extra hard on them because to them losing to the Cougars is worse than death. Maybe that's just my biased impression.
Anyway, Congratulations to the WSU Team and Alex Brink. I think I read somewhere that he is the best quarterback they've ever had who never went to a bowl. It isn't looking too good for Coach Doba. Evidently because there has been a bowl-shortage under his watch, the fans have been asking for his dismissal. Too bad he has a few more years to go on his contract that would cost a few million to buy out. How complicated these things get.

1 comment:

Sean said...

35 to 35 in just the last couple of minutes...in last few seconds a 35 yard pass by Brink...TOUCHDOWN!!

Damn exciting game.