Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Pullman Fatigue

The problem with a weekend like this, is that everything after it becomes shrug-worthy. Last weekend's jaunt to the wheat fields for Homecoming lacked that certain something. Seeing Kate, Ian, Dad, Austin, Marvin and other folks was great--don't get me wrong. But, I can understand why many of the alumni chose to stay home this year--for one thing the Cougs are definitely sucking. Here is what happy ASU fans look like: Here is what sad WSU fans look like: Ken looks more sad than me. Bless his heart, he really gets into the games and has become a full-fledged Cougar fan without ever having to experience the joy of a Pullman winter. He was frustrated toward the end of the game as losing became inevitable. That's why I don't like to watch the games, if I can help it. It's just too emotional. This time we stayed in Moscow, Idaho--which was a first for me. So we did a lot of driving back a forth. Pullman is a bit less cosmopolitan than Moscow, funny enough. But with that super glassy asphalt being installed for the Moscow-Pullman highway, I predict lots of speeding tickets. That new road is going to be fast. Maybe we will pick a different game weekend to go back on next year. Or perhaps we will sit it out entirely. But as long as Austin is in school there, I feel more of a draw to go back and make sure all is well in the Palouse.

No comments: