Friday, September 14, 2007

"Connectiness"

The Blogosphere is truly an amazing place that makes connecting to one another even easier. When I look at where my blog traffic comes from on Google Analytics, I am delighted to see readers from far away places like Turkey, Kenya, Peru, Hong Kong and New Zealand. Another interesting bit of trivia: since the inception of the blog, somebody from almost every U. S. state has visited, except from New Mexico and both Dakotas.

So I've been thinking what can we do to get a visitor from New Mexico, the Land of Enchantment and the "It grows as it goes" state. The state of the Road Runner, Yucca flower and Bolo Tie--seriously there is a "state tie". (I already checked and Washington doesn't appear to have a one.)

Or from the mysterious lands of North & South Dakota. North Dakota also known as the Roughrider State--I like the sound of that--doesn't have a state tie. South Dakota home of the Black Hills and Mt. Rushmore doesn't either. But they have plains and very cold winters. Fargo, anyone?

Well I hope someone from those states will visit this blog and know that their presence fulfills a lifelong dream--a dream of connecting one nation under blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kali, My name is Chris (Denise's Aunt Christy)...Brett asked me to post here, as I live in North Dakota. To be more specific, I am in New Salem, North Dakota, which is about 30 miles west of Bismarck. Our biggest claim to fame, is Salem Sue, the world's largest cow. http://www.roadsideamerica.com/attract/NDSALcow.html

I'm very happy, to be your official poster from North Dakota.

Chris