Thursday, November 02, 2006

Stuck in a moment

And you can't get out of it.

There are certain moments in my life that kept ahold of me to the point where I didn't want to move on for awhile. I needed to make sure I didn't miss anything and had felt all the feelings before letting the moment slip too far into the past. Naturally, I felt this way about our wedding. I succumbed to a "postpartum depression" of sorts after eight solid months of planning and focus. For all that time, effort, attention, worry, cost, stress and expectation, five hours goes by much too fast. What helped me move on was to look at the pictures, watch the video, talk incessantly about it and get some
media coverage.

Similar feelings have emerged around the Cable 8 Reunion. A moment so truly special, it surely will never happen again with the same people and the same youth-recapturing abandon. I just need a little more time to savor it. I've sorted and uploaded the pictures, written about the event in the blog, told friends and family all about it and of course, obtained some media coverage.

Alaska Airlines is celebrating it's 75th anniversary by inviting customers to
share warm and fuzzy stories about experiences on Alaska/Horizon. Behold the shamelessness!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Okay, this is weird, but I had to write this - I came across this site because I am trying to find an old high school friend of mine, Brett Jungbluth - I see him in one of the pictures - can you tell him Amy Neuman Says hi and my email is pisceegirl@gmail.com. I'd love to hear from him. Thanks!

Akasaka (Kali) said...

Amy, I've forwarded on you message to Brett. Thanks for visiting my blog.

Kali

Amy said...

Kali,
Thanks so much!